Monsoon Skincare & Haircare Tips
24, 2017, By joshita
After a horrifying hot summer, monsoon may seem like a relief. But the change in the climate takes a toll on our skin, hair and health. Today I’ll be sharing a few tips on how to take care of our skin and hair during monsoon.
- Our skin tends to get dry during monsoon. So moisturize your skin and drink lots of water as it keeps us hydrated from within.
- Opt for face washes that have anti-bacterial properties. This will avoid fungal infections and pimples.
- Sunscreens are a must even during a gloomy day. This will protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Use toners that are free from alcohol to avoid dry skin and to maintain the PH balance of the skin.
- Avoid facials and bleach during monsoon as facials can make your skin rough and bleach can harm your skin. Instead use homemade face masks.
- Apply lip butters or coconut oil overnight to avoid chapping of lips.
- Regular pedicure and manicure can will keep your nails clean and avoid fungal infections.
- Don’t shower in steaming hot water. This will open the pores and cause skin damage.
Hair care Tips
- Protecting our hair from rain can be hard. So invest in a waterproof jacket with hoodie or carry a scarf and umbrella whenever you step out.
- Do not forget to apply conditioner after you shampoo your hair. This will avoid frizz and makes your hair soft and shinny.
- Opt for loose buns, loose hair during monsoon. Tying up hair will trap rain water and the humidity can make your hair frizzy and cause fungal infection such as dandruff.
- If you find it hard to maintain your hair, go for a haircut and opt for a manageable length.
- Regular hot oil massages will deep condition, moisturize your hair and cures dry scalp.
- Applying a leave on serum will avoid frizz and make your hair manageable during monsoon.
I hope you all found these tips helpful. If you have any other tips, comment them below.
Don’t let monsoon make your skin or hair dull!